VACCINATION VERIFICATION UPLOAD INSTRUCTIONS
The verification and vaccine card upload site, provided by our partner Safe Expo, is now open. Upload Your Vaccination Information by October 23. Prior to arriving on-site, please upload your vaccination record to the ASHG/Safe Expo Portal. You will receive your verification confirmation within 48-hours. SafeExpo accepts a variety of image types (.jpeg, .png, .pdf). However, the image must appear on one page/one image (multiple pages of documents will not upload).
The vaccine verification upload site is now closed. Please bring your vaccination card to be verified onsite at the Safe Expo counter near registration during registration hours.
Please arrive early enough to accommodate additional wait times to verify your vaccination.
Tuesday, October 25 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Wednesday, October 26 6:30 am – 6:00 pm
Thursday, October 27 7:30 am – 6:00 pm
Friday, October 28 7:30 am – 5:30 pm
The following information is provided for your awareness and may change based on ASHG’s assessment of changes in the current situation. Overall, we ask attendees to maintain a commitment of caring about our community and to abide by both required and suggested behaviors. Please review these protocols when deciding whether to attend ASHG 2022 based on your individual circumstances. By attending, you are confirming, through our registration process, that you will abide by all applicable policies, regulations, health, and safety protocols. During the registration process, you agreed to this through the Assumption of Risk Waiver.
ASHG requires proof of vaccination to attend the Annual Meeting. This is required for all participants, including guests, to enter the convention center. No unvaccinated participants or guests will be permitted. There will be no exemptions from this policy as allowing such exemptions could put attendees at risk. All attendees must submit their vaccination information by the deadline of October 23, 2022.
ASHG will require all attendees to have up-to-date COVID-19 vaccinations using the guidelines and recommendations of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC). “Up-to-date” requires attendees to follow clinical vaccination guidelines of the CDC. ASHG staff cannot provide advice and will refer you back to the CDC website.
- Required Proof of Primary Vaccination: U.S. attendees
- Submit proof of your primary vaccination course with an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine.
- If you did not receive a primary vaccination course but have secured a single bivalent vaccine dose, please submit that as acceptable proof of current vaccination.
- Required Proof of Primary Vaccination: Non-U.S. attendees
- Submit proof of your appropriate primary course of vaccination. This will be based on your home country and what is available/accessible there. The CDC’s guidance refers to the World Health Organization (WHO) list of approved vaccines and guidelines for full vaccination, and ASHG will use these criteria for approval.
- If you did not receive a primary vaccination course but have secured your bivalent booster, please submit that as acceptable proof of current vaccination.
- ALL Attendees: Required Self-Certification of Up-To-Date Status
Due to the tremendous range of age, location, and timing considerations, ASHG is not able to confirm whether an individual’s booster shots meet the up-to-date standard. Instead, during vaccination upload, attendees will be required to self-certify that you meet the CDC recommendations for staying up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccination. Please review the information at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html before completing this self-certification. Our community relies on the honesty of our attendees in this process.
MASKING & PHYSICAL DISTANCING
Based on current public health guidance, masking is highly encouraged when in close proximity with others and when not actively eating or drinking. Attendees should bring their own well-fitting face masks that cover the nose and mouth securely.
ASHG will have the following available to attendees onsite:
- Limited designated seating areas for mask wearing in scientific session meeting spaces. Click here to view floor plan layouts to locate those areas.
- Colored lanyards to indicate attendees comfort level. Please note the social distance preference of other meeting attendees and be respectful of those choices.
ASHG strongly encourages:
- Attendees to test for COVID-19 prior to departure for Los Angeles and to pack multiple self-test kits.
- Anyone experiencing symptoms or anyone who has been exposed is strongly encouraged to test regularly once on site and isolate from others. Review the list of testing sites nearby.
- Those who have tested positive in the prior ten-day period should not attend the meeting until they meet the CDC guidelines for ending isolation, and those who have a known exposure or who have tested positive in the prior ten-day period and subsequently tested negative should wear a high quality, properly fitting mask around others.
This map draws on publicly available information and serves as a resource for members as needed once onsite at the conference. It may not be complete and does not imply availability of services at these locations. ASHG does not endorse or recommend any medical care service or outlet. ASHG attendees should assess locations independently and are expected to use their own judgment regarding when, whether and how to secure individual medical care.”
VENUE & SAFETY INFORMATION
The safety of our attendees has always been, and remains, a top priority for ASHG. Like any major city, the City of Los Angeles regularly reviews and updates their safety and security procedures and actively engages area hotels and venues to ensure appropriate measures are in place. The Los Angeles Convention Center also recently upgraded and enhanced its security features on and around its campus.
As part of their tourism program, Los Angeles offers a number of resources to visitors including:
- Safe Walk Service: Safety ambassadors patrol the district twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week and can accompany anyone walking within the district from a hotel to their destination. To schedule an ambassador to accompany you, visit their website.
Safety tips when visiting:
- Always pay attention, stay alert, and be aware of your surroundings.
- Remove and stash your convention badges outside of the meeting site.
- Walk in well-traveled and well-lit places, especially at night, and do so with a companion when you can.
- See something, say something: be sure to report suspicious behavior to local law enforcement
- Downtown LA Safety Factsheet
For more information you can visit Los Angeles visitors website.