Resource Limited Travel Awards
Resource-Limited (formerly known as Developing Country) Awards help defray the costs of ASHG Annual Meeting participation for individuals living in resource-limited countries categorized by the World Bank as having low income or lower middle-income economies (see the list of eligible countries).
The ASHG Program Committee will select award recipients based on the quality of submitted abstracts and applicant financial needs. Award recipients receive:
- Up to $3,000 for meeting-related travel expenses.
- Complimentary meeting registration.
- A complimentary ticket to the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Luncheon.
- A complimentary ticket to the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Reception.
- A complimentary ticket to the 75th Anniversary Gala Celebration.
- Complimentary membership for 2023 and 2024.
Priority is given to those applicants who have not received a resource-limited award in the previous year. Recipients will be notified in mid-August. We encourage authors to apply for your visa upon submission of your abstract. A listing of this year’s recipients will be available in September.
To be awarded a Resource-Limited Award, nominees must:
- Live in a country categorized by the World Bank as having low-income or lower-middle-income economies (see the list of eligible countries).
- Submit an abstract by the June 8 deadline and affirm your desire to be considered for the award in your abstract submission.
- Attend the in-person Annual Meeting the year the award is won.