The Awards Committee’s charge is to showcase and promote scientific excellence by recommending the recipients of the Society’s awards to the Board of Directors for approval. It will consider scientific excellence, professional citizenship and stewardship, and diversity as factors in its recommendations.
The award nomination form for 2023 ASHG professional awards closed on May 11, 2023. After the submission deadline, the ASHG Awards Committee reviews all nominations, which are ultimately approved by the ASHG Board of Directors. Nominees and nominators will be notified of their nomination’s status in late summer 2023 and public announcement of award recipients will follow soon after.
2023 Committee Members
- Chair: France Gagnon, PhD, University of Toronto
- Incoming Chair: Andrew (Andy) McCallion, PhD, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Stylianos Antonarakis, MD/PhD, University of Geneva
- Robin Bennett, MS, University of Washington
- Charleston Chiang, PhD, University of Southern California
- Catherine Keegan, MD/PhD, University of Michigan
- Yann Klimentidis, PhD, University of Arizona
- Brendan Lee, MD/PhD, Baylor College of Medicine – President
- Victoria Marshe, PhD, Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Julie Neidich, MD, Washington University, St. Louis
- Timothy O’Connor, PhD, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Athena Starlard-Davenport, PhD, University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center